- 2 tsp salted butter
- 1 large uncooked onion
- 1 1/2 tsp table salt
- 64 oz reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 oz uncooked pasta, I used shells (about 1 cup)
- 10 oz frozen mixed vegetables, such as peas, carrots, corn and green beans
- 15 oz canned tomatoes, petite cut, rinsed and drained
- 6 oz cooked skinless, boneless chicken breast(s), chopped
- 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Check out these adorable matryoshka measuring cups. Now, back to the recipe.
Chop your large onion. Then, melt the butter in a large pot over medium-low heat. Add the onions you just chopped and add the salt; cook, stirring often, until onion is soft and translucent, about 10 minutes.
Next, add in the broth and increase the heat to high then bring it to a boil.
Stir in the pasta, frozen vegetables and tomatoes. Then, cook until pasta is done for about 7 minutes.
Stir in the chicken, cheese, lemon juice (freshly squeezed), pepper and chives; cook 1 more minute to heat through.
Each serving is about 1 1/2 cups!
Oh yeah, here is what Arnold was doing the whole time I was cooking, in different locations of course! Isn't he the cutest!? He's a silly one.
Anyways, I got the recipe from Weight Watchers. You can of course tweak a few of the ingredients such as substituting fresh veggies for the frozen veggies. Either way I thought it was absolutely delicious.
Serving size: 1 1/2 cup per serving
So, will you try this?