Artist Spotlight v2: Jennifer Angus











I recently discovered Jennifer Angus after my drawing professor mentioned her to me. Another thing is that she is possibly visiting my school this upcoming January. Very exciting news. Anyways, she arranges exotic insects in beautiful patterns to create a Victorian-esque feel. I like the fact that she doesn't use butterflies or moths. I'm just in awe. She is such an inspiration. Especially since I've starting exploring insect phobias in my own artwork. It also makes me want to explore insects as materials, even though I am terrified of them. Nothing is painted or dyed and she has over 30,000 insects in her collection that she reuses, while none of them are endangered species. Read more about her here.

(All images from Fastco)

Powered by Blogger.