Proximity

IMG_9626

IMG_9657

IMG_9632

IMG_9635

IMG_9636

IMG_9641

IMG_9644

IMG_9647

As many of you know, I had my first ever gallery opening this past Friday. I had the amazing opportunity to work with three other amazing artists: Aron Johnston, Cecily Pincsak and Hannah Pink. It could not have gone better, honestly. The opening was a big hit, and we heard nothing, but good things. We were all beaming the entire time, and my face hurts from smiling so much. We all worked so hard, and it feels so good that the reception was so positive.

My parents were not able to make it to the opening on Friday, but they were free this afternoon, so I took them to the gallery to see my work. I was excited to show them everything physically, because they have mostly just seen photos. They were happy with what they saw, and of course that means the world to me. They even wanted photos in front of my work, so here they are!

I have a lot more photos, a process video in the works, and another video of my finished installation.

I would love to hear your opinions!

If you are in the Des Moines, Iowa area from now until April 28th, make sure to stop by the Anderson Gallery to see our work. The address is 2505 Carpenter Avenue, and the gallery hours are Sunday - Tuesday 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM and extended hours on Thursday from 12:00 PM to 8:00 PM!
Powered by Blogger.