Reunited, With Bees

IMG_3746

IMG_3706

IMG_3703

IMG_3742

IMG_3685

IMG_3745

IMG_3727

what i wore:
thrifted blue dress with pleated skirt (buy similar here)
tan faux leather jacket with eyelet detail from Target (buy here)
purple suede heels in Eggplant a Kiss c/o Chromatic Gallerie (buy here)
lipstick in Girl About Town from MAC Cosmetics (buy here)

With a name like that, why wouldn't this be one of my favorite murals in Des Moines? I've been really enjoying all of the colorful murals popping up around downtown Des Moines (like this one) and would love to see this trend continue. I discovered this mural driving one day, and finally had the chance to come back to it and snap some photos.

Reunited, With Bees is a mural by local artist Frank Hansen. I think it's fantastic. With a touch of whimsy and an edge in a naive style, it makes for great public art. Here is a good article written about the artist by Art Beacon.

Before coming to this mural, David and I had just gone to see Jersey Boys with his family at the Civic Center. I don't know much about musicals, so I didn't really know much about this one going it, but I thoroughly enjoyed it! I'm glad that we get the opportunity to see productions such as this one.

The weather has been reminiscent of fall as of lately, and I really enjoy it. I even got the change to wear a faux leather jacket, even though as the day went on, it got a little too hot, but that's ok. I love the this blue jewel toned dress. It's so basic and easy to wear!

What are your favorite murals in your area!? I'd like to see/hear about it/them.



Powered by Blogger.