Value and light study on a Sunday morning




Sorry for the lack of outfits posts this weekend, I didn't really go anywhere, I had homework and some tasks I wanted to get done. So today I was working on my value/light study assignment for my drawing class. Basically, you pick and item, a fairly simple one, and put it somewhere that catches sunlight, such as by a window and do a 30-45 minute drawing for every hour from 7AM - 7PM. I woke up at 7AM, brewed some Awake tea and got to work. It was funner than I expected. I chose an apple, if you couldn't tell! Anyways, I did one every hour from 7AM - 1PM and I just have to spread the rest out in the next couple of days. It's not due until Thursday.

Oh, and these are pictures of some of the drawings I did this morning/afternoon and my new drawing table from Utrecht and dress form. I just bought this little natural light clamp lamp for the draw table too and it is amazing! I put the drawing table together myself! I forgot how much I loved putting things together and how amazing it feels when you're done! I'm definitely thrilled that I got the dual table top, the flat surface is really nice, and I love the shelves! I also fixed this lovely floral chair that my mom and I bought at a garage sale for $3.00! The screws fell out, and it turns out that there was only one screw holding it up, when there should be three. I drilled the holes and drove the screws in!

Anyways, after the drawings, I spent a little time reading and then started to clean, first, I picked up my room, then moved to the bathroom, the kichenette, and finally the living room. It only took a few hours and about 5 trash bags! Sometimes, I just get in this cleaning mode, I'm not sure why, but it feels amazing when everything is clean!

What was the last thing you put together or fixed?
Powered by Blogger.