Local Spotlight: Carly Brackett

carly22
carly21
carly20
carly19
carly18
carly17
carly14
carly11
carly10

Tell me about yourself.

Carly, 21, student at DMACC/photographer/model, loves cats, nature, fashion and vintage. Lived in Iowa whole life.

How did you get into modeling?

Liked it at 13, used disposable camera, just something I really like, taking pictures modeling clothes, America’s Next Top Model. My twin sister got me into it, first one to help me dress and act more girly. i used to be a huge tomboy and now if you looked at me you would have never guessed i wore jeans and baggy t-shirts everyday or my hair up and slicked back. so now going out to take pictures is an everyday thing for me & one of my favorite things..plus i love getting my picture taken.

How did you get into photography?


Something to do in college, really like taking pictures, had a knack for it. Love nature so it kind of goes with taking tons of pictures.

What is your ultimate goal in life?

Professional model, down the road a little bit. Done with college, photography, working with a photography company, friends that need help. Should do pet photography, have a way with animals. Fashion photography, always want to be in the picture. Use of tripod.

What do you like about the Des Moines area?

Something cool and new to discover. Cool place, not too big. Has good things around it.


What do you think about the style in Des Moines?


Certain people with good fashion and a lot of people that don’t care.

Where do you like to shop?

Forever 21, have to dig, Goodwill, H&M, TJ Maxx, urban outfitters and anywhere that has something unique and fun.

Where you get inspiration?

Whatever I’m feeling, I go with it, I have eclectic style in clothes. Wearing black one day, next day have tons of color. However the day is I go with it. Into florals, studs and edgy pieces.

Do follow trends?

To a certain extent, will wear what I want & feel like I can always pull things off.


Tell me about what your wearing today?

Accessories forever 21, dress H&M, vest forever 21, shoes are from Urban Outfitters.

If you had to pick one person as your greatest inspiration, who would it be? Why?


Definitely my mom, most of my best finds were with her or from her closet. she's has the best vintage clothes and accessories for me to rock in everyday life.

What is your favorite thing about being twin?

Sharing clothes, we're the same size so my wardrobe is always growing and their is always something to wear. also having a permanent best friend is always nice.


Name five things you couldn’t live without.

My family, my cat, sunshine, music and love.


Is there anything else you would like my readers to know about you?

Dare to be different, thats what will set you apart from others and personality is key, always have fun and never be ashamed of who you are!


-------------------------------

Thoughts?
Powered by Blogger.