WHAT YOU NEED:
- A mint green nail polish, I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri nail polish in Jade Jump
- A gold nail polish, I used Revlon Top Speed nail polish in Golden
- A pen
- A filer
- A 3-way buffer
- Nail cuticle oil (*optional), for this and the 2 above, I used the Seacret nail care collection
1. File, buff and smooth your nails with your filer, and 3-way buffer. This will allow for a smooth application of nail polish. Also, if you have any, use some nail cuticle oil to soften the cuticles and prevent dry skin.
2. Rip off 10 pieces of tape and use your pen to draw a starburst shape on each piece of tape. Make sure you draw smaller starbursts for your pinkies, and larger starburst for your thumbs. The remaining starbursts can be around the same size. You can create a template, or just freehand them like I did.
3. Cut out each of the starbursts shapes you just drew carefully with your scissors.
4. Paint two coats of the mint green nail polish. Wait for them to dry, completely before moving on to the next step.
5. Cover each nail with the tape (including the cut-out starburst shapes you prepared earlier). Make sure that the tape is secure, and pressed down on your nails.
6. Paint two coats over the exposed part of your nails.
7. Let your nails dry completely before moving on to the next step.
8. Slowly and carefully peel off each piece of tape, and voila, you have gorgeous starburst nails.
- Use a clear base coat before you apply the mint green nail polish.
- Use a clear top coat to protect the layered of nail polish.
A big thank you to Lauren for being my lovely hand model and for letting me try this fabulous tutorial on her nails. We got the idea for this tutorial from here.
Will you be using the tutorial?
PS: Happy New Year everyone!