Spotlight: Lauren Proffitt

lauren11

lauren12

lauren10

Hello dears, I'd like to introduce to you all one of my very best friends, Lauren. She has an eclectic sense of style and is a very talented artist. She's also really funny, down to earth and well, just plain awesome! Read on to learn more about here. Be sure to check out her demo reel, and links below!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tell me about yourself.

My name is Lauren. I am a 21 year old student at College for Creative Studies in Detroit, originally from Des Moines. I enjoy music, cats, working out, shopping and doing just about anything that involves art.

Tell me about your major, what you do, and your work.

My major is called Entertainment Arts with a focus in video/live action. I am mainly interested in working on music videos, so that is what I usually end up doing for school assignments and as freelance work when I have time. I would describe my video and animation work as experimental, sometimes morbid, modern and urban.

Tell me about your personal style.

I wear a lot of black and other dark colors. I tend to gravitate towards girly things and I wear a dress or a skirt everyday. I like to pick accessories that have an edge to them to add more dimension to my outfits. I pay attention to trends and keep up with some of them, but I mostly focus on what I like and what will flatter my body.

Where do you like to shop?

H&M, Urban Outfitters, Target, Value World, thrift stores, Forever 21, Banana Republic

Name five things you couldn’t live without.

Camera, iPhone, cats, macbook, mascara.

What is your ultimate goal in life?

To be a trophy wife.

Where do you get your inspiration or who inspires you?

Friends, my uncle and grandparents.

Tell me about your music taste?

I am a big fan of almost all types of music, but my favorites are hip-hop, pop and electronic. Right now I am listening to: Big Sean, Britney Spears, Houses, Earl Sweatshirt and The Kills.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Somewhere warm all year round!

What are your passions?

Art, video/film, music, literature and writing.

What do you think about the style in Des Moines?

I think that there are a few stylish/unique people sprinkled throughout the city, but for the most part I notice that the style tends to be somewhat boring. I would like to see more original style as opposed to t-shirts and jeans or an outfit picked out of a department store. However, I am starting to see some really cool, unique stores opening downtown that have one of a kind pieces, which is great.

How does it compare to the style in Detroit?

Detroit’s style is much more urban and edgy. A lot of artists and other creative people are filling up the city and that is definitely reflected in the style there.

What do you do with your free time?

I am not much of a homebody, so I am always going somewhere, doing something! I like to go out with friends, go shopping, work-out, go to concerts and take photos/videos.

If you could meet anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and why?

Kanye west, because i think he’s a genius.

What else would you like my readers to know?

Nothinnnnn.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Be sure to check out Lauren's demo reel below to see some of her amazing work:



You can view her You Tube channel and full videos here.
And lastly, you can follow her on twitter here.
Powered by Blogger.