The Art Festival and The Envy Corps

art5
what i wore: pink scalloped dress from Forever 21, tan belt from Target, and navy bandana from Hobby Lobby

art4

art3

art2

art

On Saturday, I went to the Des Moines Art Festival with my friend Lauren and we met our friend Rachel there! It was a lot of fun, there were a lot of very talented artists there, and oh yeah, I had such a horrible wardrobe malfunction. Earlier in the day, I was wearing a floral skirt over a burnt orange dress, but the skirt kept coming unzipped, I think the zipper was pretty busted. Anyways, while walking through the Art Festival, I got stopped by a lady who told me that it was unzipped. I couldn't get it to zip back up, so we quickly walked to the nearest bathroom and as we were walking along I kept trying to zip it, and then the zipper broke! I freaked and tried to fix it when we got to the bathroom, but there was no hope, I need to replace it. Luckily, I keep a slew of dresses in my trunk for such an emergency and changed into this lovely number! It went well with the neon pink socks I was wearing as well as my Bake wedges. I'm glad I averted that disaster! It was so embarrassing. I also got to see Rachel's little sister, I cannot believe she is 17! She's growing up so fast! She's the one with the red flower in her hair. Although it was a pretty gloomy outside, my day was brightened up by The Envy Corps' performance! It's an incredible experience, and they are one of my favorite bands, I can't wait to see them again next week at the 80/35 Music Festival!

We saw some balloons flying up in the air and I decided to capture the moment before they too high, Lauren loves lightning bugs and that lovely sculpture and I wish I would have went back on Sunday to see the finished product of that ice cream installation! It's made of plastic bags.

Here is a compilation of some of my favorite songs by The Envy Corps. They are seriously amazing, and I'd suggest you give them a listen, turn it up, dance and prepared to be moved.

Powered by Blogger.