Inspired by: Claes Oldenburg


This is what I came up with for our first Drawing II assignment. We had to pick a location anywhere in the world and through a drawing present it as a proposal for a public sculpture. The inspiration for this assignment was Claes Oldenburg, who is one of my favorite artists,  and is known mostly for his public installations. He collaborated on a lot of them with his wife and fellow artist, Coosje Van Bruggen. Many of his installations involve every day objects that are drastically enlarged. I spent a good 6-7 hours last night working on this drawing with oil pastels and I really like the result. I might re-work some things and add some things. I'll post an update if I decide to do anything drastic!

Here are some examples of Claes Oldenburg's work:
Images via google




Don't forget to enter my Blowfish giveaway to win your own pair of Blowfish Shoes! It ends tomorrow, Wednesday June 14th at 11:59PM!

Thoughts?
Powered by Blogger.