Off to see Bright Eyes + Jenny and Johnny





concert/td>
what i wore: floral dress from Forever 21, Nine West backpack thrifted, giant owl pendant necklace from Midwest Vintage, polka dot bandana from Hobby Lobby, earrings - gift from boyfriend's mom, cat eye sunnies from OC Shades, Blowfish black wedges from DSW, and cut up denim shorts (worn underneath)
concert10



You got to see what was in my bag for this concert yesterday, now you get to see what I wore! I went for a simple short floral dress and some cut off denim shorts, just in case there happened to be wind! That's the same reason I put my hair up, just in case it was really hot. It turned out to be a lovely day. If you have not heard of Jenny and Johnny, please check them out. It's a collaboration between Jenny Lewis and Johnathan Rice and it is great stuff. Jenny is my girl crush, her voice is so amazing and she has so many talents. They even ended with an acoustic redition of "Silverlining" by her band, Rilo Kiley which is my favorite song from their album, "Under the Blacklight". Anyways, Bright Eyes was equally amazing! They played one of my favorite songs, "Bowl of Oranges". I'm seeing Bright Eyes again in August! I'm so excited.

Oh, before we started our roadtrip to Council Bluffs, we stopped at Palmer's Deli to get lunch. I ate a Market turkey sandwich which has turkey, ranch, tomato, lettuce, and havarti cheese, a cup of Wisconsin cheese soup with crackers,  a peanut butter cookie, and a diet coke. There is Lauren with her amazing duck shirt I found for her while we were thrifting!

Also, if you're wondering about the giant owl necklace I'm wearing, I bought it from an amazing vintage sale hosted by Sarah Johnson of Midwest Vintage in Des Moines. There will be a post later this week about this experience!

So... are there any summer concerts you're looking forward to?!

PS: Be sure to check out my Q&A with Maycie After Five. She is one lovely lady!

Also, I am featured on Sometime's Sweet's Tattoo Tuesday today! How exciting!
Powered by Blogger.