Hair tutorial v1: Rockabilly Victory Rolls




The end result:

full copy
what i wore: high waisted floral shorts from Forever 21, heart detailed belt and yellow leaves top thrifted, cardigan from H&M, and Seychelles Hawk wedges (not shown)
rockabillyhair

me

Hi all, this is one of a few tutorials that I am going to be working on with the lovely Sam Majewski, a wonderful local hair stylist. Hope you enjoy and I can't wait to try this on my own one day.

Here is what you will need:
  • A curling iron or straightener (to curl your hair)
  • Bobby pins
  • A comb (preferably with a tail)
  • Hairspray
  • A smoothing brush
Here are a few extra tips and product recommendations from Sam:
  • When curling your hair, do NOT touch your curls when they are warm. Let them cool off, and they will last longer.
  • Use hairspray to prep your hair so it holds better.
  • Rene Furterer okara conditioning spray is a leave in, detangling heat protestant. It has SPF so it protects colour from the sun. It's perfect for anyone.
  • Prive shining weightless amplifier is like a root lift. It has the consistency of a gel and a mousse. It's amazing for volume.

    Here is a little more information about her and a picture of course:

    sam

    "I studied hair at La'James International College of Cosmetology in Cedar Falls. I've been in the industry since 2007. I've been to San Francisco and New York for training. I picked this career because it's the only thing I could see myself doing when I grow old. I never saw it as a career that made people feel good, but a month after being behind the chair I definitely knew that my ability to take care of a client affected her mood. I now see myself as a day maker. People come to me when they're having a bad day, need to vent or just want to be pampered and touched. My favourite services to perform are cut and colour. I get more control over the end result when I can do both. Sometimes women have awesome hair colour but the cut just doesn't tie it together and vise versa. My goal is to be a salon owner and educator some day. I'd really love to travel to other cities and teach colouring techniques and theory. Colour theory is my favourite. "

    Also, don't forget to check her out on Style Seat to see what other amazing things she has done with hair! Here is the website of the salon she works at, Salon de Vallon, and their facebook page.

    Here are some suggestions of dresses from Modcloth that you could wear with this hairstyle:

    Styling a Rockabilly hairstyle


    Will you try this hairstyle?
    Powered by Blogger.