Hair tutorial v2: Beehive



The end result:

beehive
what i wore: light blue peter pan collar top thrifted, vintage glasses from Market Day, 'picnic' shorts made by me available in my etsy shop (shown in video)
beehive2

beehive3

beehive4

Hi all, this is the second of a few tutorials that I am going to be working on with the lovely Sam Majewski, a local hairstylist that I am collaborating with. Today we are doing a wonderful beehive. Hope you enjoy and I can't wait to try this on my own one day. Don't forget to check out the rockabilly victory roll tutorial.

Here is what you will need:

  • A curling iron or straightener (to curl your hair)
  • Bobby pins
  • A tail comb
  • Hairspray

Here are a few extra tips and product recommendations from Sam:

  • When teasing the hair, try using a 1,2,3 rhythm so that you get a consistent look.
  • Be careful not to comb out the ratting when you're smoothing out the top.
  • Make sure you use a rat tail comb so you can pull up hair if anything if uneven or you need more volume.
  • Rene Furterer hairspray.
  • Rene Furterer spray gloss.

Here are some examples of dresses from Modcloth, that you could wear with this hairstyle:

Beehive

Be sure to check out the video tutorial above for more tips and tricks. Also, I'm sorry for the bad angle of the camera. We'll try a more close-up view for the next tutorial! I hope you are enjoying these!

Will you try this?
Powered by Blogger.