Faux leather and stripes

IMG_1194

IMG_1201

IMG_1177

IMG_1181

IMG_1186

IMG_1205

IMG_1209

IMG_1207

IMG_1216

what i wore:

Cat eye sunglasses from OC Shades (similar)
Midnight blue faux leather jackets from Forever 21 (similar)
Feather pin from Market Day (similar)
Pink and gray striped top from Gap
Black faux leather skirt from Forever 21
Patterned black tights from Target (similar)
Minnetonka Gray kitty moccasins from DSW
Thrifted owl ring (similar)

I loved this day. It was last weekend and I got to spend the whole day with my friend. It was fabulous. I feel like her and I have not spent a full day together for at least a year. It's crazy, really. With both of our busy schedules, sometimes we don't even get to see each other for a couple of weeks. I hate it.

Anyways, we started out by going around to a few places and pinning up posters for my internship. We got a go to some new, local places we had never been to as well as a couple of great coffee shops, so it was pretty fun. Then, we went just driving around Des Moines, enjoying the beautiful day and then stopping at Raccooon River to take these photos and admire all the changing colors of the leaves. After that we went out to eat and shopped for books. Then, we went back to my place, drank some hard cider and I introduced her to 30 Rock. She had never seen it before, but now she loves it. It's hard not to. I think it's one of the funniest shows ever! So, it was just a fantastic day. Really, I cannot say that enough. I hope to have days like this more often through this semester. It'll help me stay sane and happy.

Have you done anything fun lately!? What do you do on a day off?

Powered by Blogger.