Artist Spotlight: Michelle of CreatureType

Hi Koi Story readers! My name is Michelle, blogger at CreatureType, and this is the culmination of my manic, childhood creativity. The Big Book of Cats.


The Big Book of Cats is a sort of encyclopedia of anthropomorphic cat girls. In 1998, I was 11 years old and decided to make a 200 page encyclopedia of anthropomorphic cat girls. I drew each girl and listed a bizarre survey of personal information about them--name, age, eye color, fur and hair color, home state, and even their paw prints. Kids are so weird.


Although I tried to hide the book very deeply in the junk piles of my childhood bedroom, I couldn't bare to actually part with it. I knew one day I would be able to look back and enjoy the hilarity and besides that--I actually finished this thing. All 200 pages! For me, a chronic procrastinator and lazy bum, that is incredible. To this day, The Big Book of Cats is one of the only illustration projects I've ever seen to completion.


The Big Book of Cats is now a weekly illustration project on my blog. In August, I made a vow to honor this horrific piece of literature and redraw every cat girl and post a new drawing along with the original for the internet's amusement!

You can check out all the girls so far here and follow along with each new drawing every Wednesday on CreatureType!

-----------

I think Michelle is a wonderful and talented illustrator and I fell in love with her Big Book of Cats project that she has been working on and I thought you all would enjoy it! Hope you did.
Powered by Blogger.