Nautical, southwestern, safari chic

IMG_8396

IMG_8382

IMG_8393

IMG_8400

IMG_8402

IMG_8405

what i wore:

BB Dakota Odele coat from Modcloth (buy similar here)
gray cowl from Gap (buy similar here)
oversized cat eye sunglasses from Tumbleweeds Handcraft (buy here)
anchor print top from Target (buy similar here)
red skinny cords from Gap (buy similar here)
leopard print slip-ons from Target (buy similar here)

Yesterday was a nice day. I went out to lunch with my friend at Gusto, a local pizza place that was voted best pizza in Des Moines in Cityview. Of course we had to try it. We ended up getting a pepperoni pizza and a hello gourdgeous pizza to share. The hello gourdgeous has "coconut curry pumpkin sauce, mozzarella, roasted butternut squash, bell pepper, red onion and fresh basil", and it was absolutely delicious! I would highly recommend this place if you are in/come to the Des Moines area.

Next, we went shopping in the East Village, and I picked up an Iowa Minnie sweatshirt at Hill Vintage. It's incredible, and I love it. One of my friends' nickname for me is Minnie, so I had to have it, and of course Minnie Mouse is one of my favorites.

Anyways, as we were leaving we came across this awesome wall with vines as you can see in the photos above (there was a cool door too). I love discovering new places for outfit photos. I hope to come back to this area one day.

Also, this outfit screams nautical, southwestern, safari chic to me. I wonder why!? Probably because of the mash-up of elements. I'm ok with that description though! It's a bit crazy, but that's just how I like it.

Tell me about your favorite photo locations!

Powered by Blogger.