Local Spotlight: Alex Crahan



what she wore: blue v-neck sweater from Heritage 1981, light blue button-up blouse and grey knee length socks from Target, plaid skirt from Old Navy, Minnetonka moccasins and a locket from Walgreens

This is one of my new features! I am going to be doing more spotlights from now on. I think that people are interesting. Not everyone that I feature in the spotlight will be a blogger. This is just an experiment and a look into people's live, who they are, and all the interesting things about them.

I know Alex from high school, she's a very inspirational and sweet person. Here she is with her adorable vintage school girl outfit. We had the interview, took pictures at a park in Des Moines, and had lunch at Palmer's Deli, which has fantastic sandwiches.

There are a lot more photos, but I'll post them at a later time.

Here in the interview. I hope you all enjoy it!

Tell me a little bit about yourself, what you do and where you live.


My name is Alex Crahan, I'm 19 years old, and I live with my family in Johnston, Iowa. I'm currently taking a break from school and I am unemployed. The last two years have been incredibly stressful, trying times for me, so right now I am busy rebuilding my life and reevaluating my goals. I'm taking a lot of time to see what inspires me, what works for me, what doesn't work for me, who I want to be, and what I want to do.

Tell me about your personal style.

My personal style is very eclectic. One day I'm wearing all black, the next I am wearing pink. I'm very into astrology and being a Gemini translates into my style. I can't make up my mind. I recently watched An Education so I've been very into the 60's schoolgirl look, but next week I might be into something completely different. One thing I have never strayed from is my love of all things vintage. Clothes that were made in the middle of last century just speak to me in a way that modern clothes cannot. I dress to be comfortable but I also want to look good for myself, it's a definite confidence boost when I like how I look. I like layeres, 50's prom dresses, moccasins, makeup, waist belts, sweaters, platform heels, leopard print, stripes, peachy-pink, eye-catching tights, lockets, sequins, turquoise, chiffon, lace, ties, vests, pencil skirts, feminine details, boots, plaid, cat-eye glasses, & good lingerie. I also like to shop at J. Crew, H&M, & Urban Outfitters.

What is the most interesting thing about you?

I am a thinker, I spend a lot of time in my head, dreaming & scheming. I'm able to always fight for myself & what I happen to believe in. I'm adaptable. Confidence isn't something I am always equipped with, but I can fake it until I make it, or remove myself completely if necessary. I think that I am a kind, thoughtful, and bold girl with the ability to create & inspire.

What are your passions?

I'm very passionate about the people that I love. Relationships are important to me, I'm intensely devoted to being the best I can be for those around me, and for myself. I'm passionate about photography and art in general. Finding beauty and creating beauty is essential to being who I am.

Do you collect anything?

I collect tea sets, vintage dresses, cameras, eyeglasses, aprons, vintage furniture, and other antiques.


What are some of your favorite blogs?


A Beautiful Mess, I’m Boy Crazy, Gala Darling, Lune Vintage, Delightfully Tacky, Sea Blanket, Girl and Closet, The Cherry Blossom Girl, and Bio Requiem.

What inspires you right now?


I've been inspired by films from the 50's and 60's. I love having Netflix, I watch old movies and I screenshot things that I like. I've been going out a lot at night & I'm sort of inspired by the culture that I have encountered. Getting dressed up to go out, being social, it's a lot of fun. I have folders full of photos that inspire me, clothes that inspire me, art that inspires me. I like to walk around antique malls, that always leaves me inspired.

What is your ultimate goal in life?


My ultimate goal is to be a renaissance woman. I want to be a wife and mother. I want to travel a lot. I want to be a photographer with my own studio. I want to own my own shop where I sell vintage clothing and clothes I have designed. I want to make music. I want to meet interesting people. I want to fall in love. I want to try everything once. I want to learn every single day.

I know that you have two blogs, tell me a little bit about each of them.

My first blog is meowjosen.tumblr.com. It's basically my everything blog. I talk about my life and personal experiences, I post photos that inspire me, I post music, videos, quotes, etc. I answer questions. It's a jumble of everything. I spend a ton of time on my computer and on the internet, so basically anything that is of interest to me or on my mind is on my blog. Oh and I reblog things that I think are funny or weird as well.

My second blog is my photography blog: fillenouvellevague.tumblr.com. I wanted a separate place to post my photos and ultimately I want to incorporate fashion and music and any other art I make into that. Fille Nouvelle Vague means New Wave Girl.


What else would you like my readers to know about you?

I enjoy humor, I think I laugh at myself every day and I surround myself with people that make me laugh. It's important to laugh!



So what do you all think? Would you like to continue to see posts like this one?
Powered by Blogger.