Hair tutorial v3: how to curl/wave your hair



Here is a video featuring the lovely hairstylist, Sam Majewski, who also helped do the Victory Rolls tutorial and the Beehive tutorial. I asked her if she would show me how to curl and wave my hair, because I honestly don't know how to do it correctly, nor have I ever tried very hard. I felt like it would help make my long hair worth keeping for a while longer! It worked. I don't want to cut my hair anymore, by the way! I love the way the loose waves look, if you didn't see my post from yesterday, check it out here! It was the first time I created loose waves in my hair successfully! I even watched the video before I did so.

She demonstrates how to create a spiral curl and a loose wave.

I'm not afraid to admit I never knew how to curl or wave my hair, but I'm so excited with this new simple skill! I hope you decide to give it a try, if you need a little help/push to try new things as well or maybe you'll find some tips that are helpful as well.

Here is what you will need:

  • A curling iron
  • hairspray 

Here are a few tips (watch the video above for more) and recommendations from Sam:

  • Use hairspray to set your hair before you start
  • For longer hair use a 1 1/4 inch iron, for medium length hair use a 1 inch iron
  • If you have layers an shorter hair, use a smaller iron to get a curl, like a 1/4 inch iron
  • If you want to use shine serum or gloss spray rub it in your hands before application to add definition to the curls and so it won't get greasy
  • Do NOT touch your hair while the curls or waves are still warm
  • Bumble and Bumble classic hair spray

Here is a photo of the loose waves I did, after re-watching this video:

waves

Will you use this tutorial?
Powered by Blogger.